Yep, I totally set a fire in microwave.
I don’t have an oven, and sometimes I really craved some baked stuff. My microwave has a ‘grill’ and a ‘convection’ function, so sometimes I cook stuff like pizza or salmon in there. I was at the store the other day, and I saw these ready to make muffins, and I decided to try them out. They come in this bakable individual latex package, so I put one in the ‘grill’ function the other day, and it didn’t quite get all baked. Well today I thought I’d see if the ‘convection’ feature would work. BIG mistake. After about 7 minutes or so, it shut off, and I thought ‘huh…’ and went to go check it out. The muffin was TOTALLY on fire! I opened the door and all this smoke came out, and my smoke alarm went off (at least I know it works!) I had to open all the windows, and my microwave wouldn’t work, which was pissy because it was kind of expensive and not even a year old. I left it for a while though and it worked again. I guess it just turns off for a while if something like that happens so it doesn’t overheat and cause a real fire.
Anyway, that was my story of the evening!