You know you’re from BC (granted, most of this generally applies to the lower mainland and vancouver island) when…
1. You know the provincial flower: the dogwood
2. You can taste the difference between Tim Hortons, Second Cup, and Seattle’s Best.
3. Lower Mainland only: The last time there was snow, you were so confused you tried to snort it.
4. You can’t tell, is marijuana still illegal?
6. You point out vancouver landmarks in nearly every movie and TV show
7. You don’t understand why Manitoba and Saskatchewan are considered western Canada
9. You consider 2 degrees freezing cold
10. You know that there is actually a town called Dawson Creek
11. You know how to distinguish between the different types of asian food
12. You know how to pronounce Squamish, Osoyoos, Ucluelet, Esquimalt, Sooke & Nanaimo.
15. You can point out at least two ski resorts, even if the city is coated in fog.
16. A nice day means when you can see the mountains
17. You go bankrupt from paying your rent
18. You have come to accept that there are only two seasons
19. Cold and Rainy, and Warm and dry
20. You don’t understand what’s so great about toronto
22. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a 100% water proof raincoat
25. You swear that you’re in China or Japan
26. You don’t find it wierd that every time you go downtown, some crazy guy is talking to himself
27. Your premier was convicted of drunk driving
28. You know what venti and a macchiato are.
29. You ski and play golf in the same day
30. You are aware that Surrey, New West, Burnaby, Delta, Port Moody, North Van, West Van, White Rock, Abbostford, Langley and Richmond are NOT part of the City of Vancouver
32. You think that Atlantic Salmon doesn’t even deserve to be called salmon when compared to Pacific Salmon
33. You’ve had a California roll for lunch.
34. You take the bus and are shocked to hear two people carrying on a conversation in English.
35. You don’t even listen when the forecast announces “chance of showers.”
44. you drink the tap water
54. you ask Albertans if they really have ski slopes.
58. There are few things you hate more then following people from other provences on the highway because they aren’t use to all the turning.
65. You assume cab fares will cost a minimum of $25.
68. your license is the hardest to fake of any province
71. when you don’t like the weather you go inside and wait 15 minutes for it to change
79. You know what being “beyond Hope” means
90. you’ve heard about “the big one” and you just couldn’t care less
92. You could read a decent size novel before you’re admitted into the hospital
98. your capital city doesnt have enough ploughs for a snow storm.
103. the mountain you grew up skiing on is now too busy with foreigners for you to get a decent amount of runs down the hill.
104. You’ve paid $6 for an full meal of sushi.